Mister Berns

My Thoughts...Straight Out of the Box!

30 January 2007

"Nasal Delivery Technology"

I was cooking tonight and I heard an ad on the radio (yet again) for A.M.I nasal delivery technology, these ads really incense me. The company that produces this 'technological marvel' have obvioulsy decided the time has come to flood the market in all forms of media. Why do they enrage me? Firsty because I do not need to hear the words 'premature ejaculation' shouted at me on TV, radio, billboard as I go about my daily business. Is there no privacy left in such matters at all? I find it embarrassing when I am with other people and just so annoying when I am alone.

This though is not the main reason I have a problem with it. While I am sure that some men may suffer with such a problem I do not believe that it is primarily targeted at them. It is aimed at making all men in sexual relationships feel inadequate. It is telling men and women that the sexual act is no more than recreation so best to make it go as long as possible. That is my key problem. It is promoting the ongoing distortion of the sexual act into something akin to playing a sport well. They drop the idea in men's heads that they had better pick up their performance lest their 'partner' (I hate that word, it has been highjacked by the 'we don't want to marry but give us a status anyway' crowd), where was I , lest their 'partner' leave them. It drops the idea into women's heads that they might not be 'getting it' as best they could be. It is subliminally promoting better performance of find someone else.

The sexual act is the ultimate act of union between a husband and wife, in each act they recall with their bodies their wedding vows to one another where they promised to love one another with a love that is human, total, faithful and fruitful. It is a act that ALWAYS has two parts, the unitive and the procreative and the act must be atleast open to both. If you destroy one part you destroy the other part. When the sexual act is taken out of marriage it's purpose changes, it becomes an act focused on pleasure and when that is the apex then performace becomes most important. A real love for the other has nothing to do with this perverted idea. And the people at AMI are banking on western societies corrupted notion of sexuality. It disgusts me.