Mister Berns

My Thoughts...Straight Out of the Box!

21 December 2008

Old London Town

Spending so much time on Jim has distracted my from the events of London so since I won’t get this up until Monday if I don’t post it now I better list very briefly the places we got too on Thursday : Buckingham Palace, Westminster Catholic Cathedral, Westminster Abbey (Church of England – it was Catholic for several hundred years until it was stolen during the reformation), Big Ben and the Parliament (very impressive) and finally a Broadway show! We saw the ‘Sound of Music’ with my friend Monica from Melbourne. The only thing was that Fr Richard completely slept through the first half and I consistently nodded off throughout the whole show. It wasn’t the show that was a problem but the fact that my body thought it was 7am and was wandering why I still had not slept. (It had been a long day and we were still in the same clothes we had put on Wednesday morning). We stayed with a family friend’s house in South Ealing which was also nice although the visit was very short as we were off the next day to Paris.