Mister Berns

My Thoughts...Straight Out of the Box!

05 January 2009

Germany

Now this has to be super express as I have to leave in 10 minutes.

So we spent three days in Germany and the first hightlight visiting Vallendar, a small village outside of Frankfurt where the original Schoenstatt Shrine is. It is a little shrine which has become a huge pilgrimage place with replica shrine all around the world where the movement has expanded including two in Aus). We were personaly led around by Sr Angela. We saw not only the original Shrine but the adoration church where the founder Fr Kentenich died and is buried and also a number of other shrines belonging to various branches. I was also able to meet with my friends Maria, Kerstin and Teresia who are from Germany but spend a year in Australia prior to WYD helping with SChoenstatt's preparations. This is one place that I must return.

From there we drove down to Munich and spent some time with my freind Sandra and alos with her family. Had a bike ride through Munich and also most unformtunately caught a stomach bug which tossed me around right into New York (esp on the plane over).