Mister Berns

My Thoughts...Straight Out of the Box!

14 January 2009

Home at last

Well it has been an amazing and blessed month. I saw a sampling for so many places in Europe and the USA, so many places of spiritual and historical significance. I met some wonderful people and some interesting people. One thing I did realise is that whereever you go, people are people and they all desire the same thing, they wish to raise their families and live their lives in peace and harmony.

Some of my favourite places include Assisi in Italy, Vallendar in Germany (Schoenstatt) and Lourdes in France. New York was a loud and fascinating place, it was the America of the movies but even that I realise is but a small part of it.

The course that led me on the trip in the beginning was absoultely amazing. I have written a fair bit about it but much of it is beyond words. It was a real time of grace and blessing for me and I pray I will keep what I learnt close to me, not only as a begin to write the thesis to finish my Masters but also as I move through life. I will hope to return there again to undertake further courses and also bring others with me.

I have just uploaded some of the photos to Facebook and you may be interested to have a look at them here.

I have to say though that as wonderful as travelling is the best part is returning home. When I got out of Sydney airport and took a breath I realised that I was home, the air is different, it is Australia. I think that leaving your home make one appreciate it even more.

So I feel that the way to end with this song because it is the one that stikes me as saying what I would like to say. God bless the world and God bless Australia!